New TABC Licenses and Permits
The Alcohol Industry Management System (AIMS) is your hub for doing TABC tasks, including applying for new licenses and permit. It’s also the easiest and quickest way to apply.
In AIMS you’ll find:
- A list of everything you’ll need to complete your application.
- A simple application process that lets you save your work and come back to complete information before submitting it.
Ready To Apply?
If you already know what to do, click the link below to log in to AIMS. Keep reading if you’re new to the process.
The Licensing Process
If you need help creating a new AIMS account or claiming an existing business, visit our How To Use AIMS page.
Getting Started in AIMS
The following provides an overview of the steps in the process:
- Complete AIMS onboarding: Using AIMS is the easiest way to get into business. Create an account and let AIMS guide you through the application process. The rest of this list will highlight some of the key things you’ll need to do along the way.
- Choose an alcohol industry tier: Are you manufacturing alcohol, distributing it or selling it directly to consumers? Your answer will help you find the right license or permit for your business.
- Create and register the business: All businesses register with the Texas Secretary of State and the Comptroller of Public Accounts. The Small Business Administration has resources to help you with federal registration requirements.
- Get required signs: Visit TABC’s Sign Requirements page to learn about required signs. Contact your local TABC office if you need assistance.
- Complete your AIMS application and get certifications: Complete the remaining steps in AIMS. If using paper applications, which take longer to process, you’ll fill out the Prequalification Packet, Location Packet and Business Packet. Make sure to also complete the public notice, publisher’s affidavit and all city, county and state certificates.
- Submit complete application: All sections must be complete, signed and notarized. You’ll also want to understand the responsibilities for your license or permit.
- Keep wait time in mind: It can take about 50 days from the date TABC receives a complete application to issue a new license. Plan ahead if you’re opening a new business or location.
Check out the resources below to learn more. Your local TABC office can walk you through the process and answer any questions.
New License and Permit Resources
How To Use AIMS
Learn how to successfully apply for a license in AIMS.
Find courses that explain your responsibilities for your license or permit.
License and Permit Fees Chart
View the fees businesses pay for each license and permit.
New License and Permit Forms
You can still file your application using paper forms, but it’ll take longer to process and receive your new license or permit. Get all the forms you’ll need to apply for a new license or permit.