New TABC Licenses and Permits
Our team will guide you through the process to apply for a new license or permit. The following provides an overview of the steps in this process:
- Choose an alcohol industry tier: Texas operates under a three-tier system. You can choose to be a manufacturer, distributor/wholesaler, or retailer. Pick the right license or permit for your business.
- Create and register the business: All businesses register with the Texas Secretary of State and the Comptroller of Public Accounts. The Small Business Administration has resources to help you with federal registration requirements.
- Find the right location: Contact your local TABC office to get any required signs and begin the prequalification packet.
- Complete forms and get certifications: You’ll need to fill out the Prequalification Packet, Location Packet and Business Packet. Make sure to also complete the public notice, publisher’s affidavit and all city, county and state certificates.
- Submit complete application: All sections must be complete, signed and notarized. You’ll also want to understand the responsibilities for your license or permit.
- Keep wait time in mind: It can take about 50 days from the date TABC receives a complete application to issue a new license. Plan ahead if you’re opening a new business or location.
Check out the resources below to learn more. Your local TABC office can walk you through the process and answer any questions.
New License and Permit Resources
New License and Permit Forms
Get all of the forms you’ll need to apply for a new license or permit.
Find courses that explain your responsibilities for your license or permit.
License and Permit Fees Chart
View the fees businesses pay for each license and permit.