Skip to main content

Your local TABC

Moving to Texas

Texas law allows a person to import an unlimited personal wine, spirits or malt beverage collection along with their household goods when relocating to Texas. There is no paperwork involved and the typical state taxes are not owed.  

If you need an authorization letter for your move to Texas, fill out and print our Importation Letter.

If you are moving to Texas from outside of the United States, contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection about federal regulations and taxes.