Breaches of Peace
TABC license and permit holders must report certain crimes and disturbances that happen at their businesses.
Ways to Report
Email and In Person
You can also submit your report:
- In person at a TABC office.
- By emailing the form below to email@example.com (include your county in the subject line):
- Fax the above form to the appropriate local TABC office.
Please provide as much detail as possible when reporting a breach of peace. The required information is the same regardless of how it is reported. View the above forms for a sample of the minimum information needed.
Within 24 Hours
TABC license and permit holders are required to report if any of the following happens at their business as soon as possible and within 24 hours:
- Serious bodily injury
- Someone has been killed
These must be reported regardless of whether they were intentional or already reported to your local law enforcement.
Within Five Days
TABC license and permit holders are required to report if any of the following happens at their business as soon as possible and within five days:
- Law enforcement or emergency medical services personnel respond to the premises.
- A disturbance is created on the premises by a person who does any of the following:
- Causes bodily injury to another person.
- Threatens another person with a weapon.
- Discharges a firearm on the premises of the permit or license.
- Destroys the permittee's or licensee's property, if the incident is reported by the permittee or licensee to a law enforcement agency.
If any of the points above involves someone who is shot, stabbed, seriously injured or killed, it must be reported as soon as possible and within 24 hours.
To learn more about Breaches of the Peace, see TABC Rules Section 35.32.