INDUSTRY NOTICE: TABC to launch new online compliance reporting
To: Holders of BW, BB, BC, BE, BF, BG, BQ, D, G, MB, N, NB, NE, P, Q, W and X licenses and permits
Re: Mandatory compliance reporting for all TABC-licensed businesses with Texas locations
TABC-licensed and permitted businesses are required to conduct an annual compliance report (aka self-inspection) of their Texas premises. This year, the compliance reporting period will not open Sept. 1 as in years past because TABC is integrating the compliance report function into the Alcohol Industry Management System (AIMS). TABC will notify your business in the coming months, sometime between fall 2022 and spring 2023, when it is time to conduct your compliance reports in AIMS.
Compliance reports ask users a series of questions and prompt them to take photos to confirm they are following the applicable laws for their businesses. The new compliance reporting feature will let businesses conduct and file their annual reports on their mobile device by opening the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browser and logging into AIMS, the same online system used by businesses to manage licenses, applications, reporting and more.
Last year, TABC waived the compliance reporting requirement to decommission the old Compliance Reporting app and begin developing compliance reporting in AIMS.
What you need to do
- Make sure that you have an AIMS account and have access to all of the licenses and permits you hold or help manage. Need help? Visit our How To Use AIMS page.
- Wait for an email or letter from TABC announcing the start of the next compliance reporting period. Then, fill out the requested information and upload required photos.
- TABC will notify businesses at the beginning of the next compliance reporting period over the next 12 months.
- The old Compliance Reporting mobile app is no longer available.
- Businesses must file their annual compliance report using AIMS once the reporting period begins.
- Make it a smooth transition by ensuring you have an AIMS account and access to the appropriate businesses.