INDUSTRY NOTICE: One-Year Renewals for Mixed Beverage Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
Mixed Beverage Permit Holders
TABC is allowing holders of certain Mixed Beverage Permits to renew for 1 year rather than the standard 2-year period, which reduces the upfront renewal cost by half. All subordinate permits and certificates will be renewed under the same terms as the primary Mixed Beverage Permit.
To take advantage of this temporary relief, follow the instructions below.
- Must be a current Mixed Beverage Permit holder.
- Permit must have an expiration date that occurs between the date this guidance was issued and December 31, 2020.
- Must be able to show that your business has been negatively impacted by COVID-19, such as a significant reduction in sales compared to the same time frame last year.
Note: Businesses that meet certain conditions may file a renewal application more than 30 days past the expiration of their license/permit without a late fee.
Read TABC's Industry Notice to learn more.
1-Year Renewal Application
Eligible Mixed Beverage Permit holders must:
- Complete the proper renewal form for your permit,
- Make a written statement that indicates you wish to renew for 1 year and explains how you meet the eligibility requirements, and
- Make proper payment for your 1-year renewal.
1-Year Renewal Payment
Find your permit on TABC’s Fee Chart. Add the applicable fee and surcharge amounts together and then divide by 2.
Submitting Your Application and Payment
Submit the renewal form, statement, and payment to:
TABC – Licensing Division
5806 Mesa Drive
Austin, TX 78731
Subsequent Renewal in 2021
Upon a subsequent renewal at the end of your
1-year period, you will resume the normal 2-year renewal cycle and follow the normal renewal process.