July 2, 2020
INDUSTRY NOTICE: Cash and Credit Law Penalty Exceptions
TABC Licensed Retailers, Manufacturers, Distributors and Wholesalers
THIS INDUSTRY NOTICE IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. IT IS MAINTAINED HERE FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES ONLY.
Cash and credit laws remain in effect. However, because retailers may experience delay in complying with payment requirements due to the current coronavirus pandemic, TABC will not take certain penalty actions against retailers.
Upper Tier Members
- Are still required to comply with cash and/or credit law statutes.
- Are responsible for reporting violations of these statutes.
- Must still pay distributors what they owe before purchasing new alcohol inventory.
- TABC will not penalize retailers that fail to make timely payments for these dates:
- Cash law purchases from March 1 – June 30, 2020
- Credit law purchases from March 1 – June 30, 2020, associated with:
- Delinquent List #1794
- Delinquent List #1795
- Delinquent List #1796
- Delinquent List #1797
- Delinquent List #1798
- Delinquent List #1799
- Delinquent List #1800
- Delinquent List #1801
TABC will continue to monitor cash and credit law reporting and make adjustments as the situation evolves. The agency stands ready to help its license and permit holders impacted by COVID-19. For more assistance and information, affected businesses can contact their TABC regional office or call TABC's Austin headquarters at 512-206-3333.