Businesses can make ownership updates online in latest AIMS release
TABC-licensed or permitted businesses can now update their ownership information online and meet certain notification requirements through the agency’s Alcohol Industry Management System (AIMS).
Businesses should now use AIMS to submit ownership or other supplemental changes instead of sending applications or notices by email.
The new Update Principal(s) feature allows businesses to:
- Add or remove any principal party (including officers and stockholders) and report changes in officer titles and ownership interests.
- Notify TABC of the addition or removal of a person whose name was included on the original application or whose name would be required if a new original application was being submitted, regardless of the title, position or level of ownership.
Businesses that have not filed updates to ownership by paper or email since Sept. 1, 2021:
Follow the instructions below to ensure the business’s ownership information displays correctly under the Update Principal(s) screen. If the information is not correct, please update accordingly using the instructions below.
Businesses that have filed updates by paper or email since Sept. 1, 2021:
- If you submitted notice only: If you notified TABC of an ownership change without submitting a full supplemental application, please follow the instructions below to update information in AIMS using the Update Principal(s) feature.
- If you submitted a full supplemental application: TABC is currently entering the information from previously submitted supplemental applications in AIMS, which is why this information may not yet be reflected in a business’s AIMS account. Businesses may wait for TABC to enter the updates from their supplemental application or use the Update Principal(s) feature instructions below to immediately enter the current ownership information without waiting for manual entry from TABC.
How to use:
- Log in to your AIMS account.
- If you have more than one business entity, select the owner business entity of the license or permit that you would like to update.
- Select the three lines in the upper-left corner of the AIMS dashboard.
- Click the Change Licensee Details option.
- Select Update Principal(s).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to submit the information to TABC.
Once submitted, you’ll receive a message confirming that your request has been submitted successfully.