Agenda posted for public hearing scheduled for Dec. 19, 2022
Monday, Dec. 19, 2022, 10 to 11 a.m. CST
Join TABC staff by video conference to discuss rules published by the commission.
- New and Amended Ch. 31, Administration. Revisions include a combined rule for complaint submission and processing that updates submission methods and lays out the agency’s procedural steps; a new legislatively mandated provision for Family Leave Pool; and a requirement to use specific language for certain regulated business signage.
- New Rule 33.81, Purchase of Alcoholic Beverages for a Temporary Event. This clarifies where a Mixed Beverage or Private Club permit holder can purchase wine and malt beverages for an event held at a temporary location that is not in the same county as the permit holder’s primary licensed premises.
- Amended Rule 33.55, Application Review and Protest. This addresses license and permit application fee payments that are returned for insufficient funds.
- Amended Ch. 50, Alcoholic Beverage Seller Server and Delivery Driver Training. Revisions make various updates to align the rule with TABC practices and technology, recognize modern course elements, provide clarity on seller/server school renewal late fees, establish testing standards for passing the train the trainer course, and more.
The full text of the proposed rules is available in the Texas Register here.
(TABC’s proposed rules begin on Page 47, TexReg 8006). The commission has designated this hearing as the only forum to make oral comments under Government Code Section 2001.029. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions and make informal comments that do not become part of the public record.
If you can't attend the video conference hearing, you may file written comments until Monday, Jan. 2, 2023. Written comments may be submitted to TABC Rules Attorney Shana Horton firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to join
You can watch live from your internet browser where you can submit public comments through the chat feature. You can also listen live by calling the phone number below.
- Conference call line: +1 669-254-5252
- Meeting ID: 161 786 7270
- Passcode: 060645
- iPhone one-click dialing: +16692545252,,1617867270#
Subscribe to TABC's email lists
Sign up for Industry Notifications to be among the first to receive announcements and meeting information.