Cancel or Deny Permits

The commission or administrator may cancel or deny a permit for the retail sale or service of alcoholic beverages, including a permit held by the holder of a food and beverage certificate, if it finds that the permit holder or applicant has not paid delinquent ad valorem taxes due on that permitted premises or due from a business operated on that premises to any taxing authority in the county of the premises.

A permit holder or applicant is presumed delinquent in the payment of taxes due if the permit holder or applicant:

  1. Is placed on a delinquent tax roll prepared under Section 33.03, Tax Code;
  2. Has received a notice of delinquency under Section 33.04, Tax Code; and
  3. Has not made payment required under Section 42.08, Tax Code.