Purchasing Alcohol

Distilled spirits and wine may only be purchased from holders of a:

  • Wholesaler's Permit (W)
  • General Class B Wholesaler's Permit (X)
  • Local Class B Wholesaler's Permit (LX)

Ale and malt liquor may be purchased from a

  • Wholesaler (W)
  • General Class B Wholesaler (X)
  • Local Class B Wholesaler (LX)
  • Brewer' Permit (B) that holds a Brewer's Self-Distribution permit (DA)
  • Wine and Beer Retailer's permit (BG) that also holds a Brew pub license (BP) **

**You cannot purchase or acquire ale or malt liquor from another type of retailer.

These sales are subject to Credit Law

Alcohol beverages damaged or determined to be unfit for human consumption while in the possession of the retailer, must be destroyed by the retailer and cannot be exchanged or returned to the seller for credit or refund.