Forfeture of Conduct Surety Bond



IF your business premise is located within 1,000 feet of a public school the permit holder will be required to provide a Conduct Surety Bond in the amount of $10,000.00.


Forfeiture of Conduct Surety Bond (Rule 33.24): When a license or permit is cancelled or there are three or more violations of the Alcoholic Beverage Code while the conduct surety bond is in place, the commission shall notify the licensee or permittee, in writing, of its intent to seek forfeiture of the bond.

Licensee or permittee may, within thirty days of the notice request a hearing on the question of whether the criteria for the forfeiture of the bond have been satisfied.

Upon entry of final order against the licensee or permittee in the hearing, the commission shall notify the surety company, bank or credit union to remit to the state the amount of surety required within ten days after notification