Purchasing of Alcohol
Wine may only be purchased from holders of a:
- Package Store Permit (P) that holds a Local Distributor's Permit (LP) and is located in the same county in which the retailer's permit is located.
If a local distributor (LP) is not located in your county, then you must purchase from a local distributor (LP) in the county nearest you.
Ale and malt liquor may be purchased from holders of a:
- Wholesaler's Permit (W)
- General Class B Wholesaler's Permit (X)
- Local Class B Wholesaler's Permit (LX)
- Package Store Permit (P) that also holds a Local Distributor's Permit (LP)**
- Brewer's Permit (B) who also holds a Brewer's Self-Distribution Permit (DA)
- Wine and Beer Retailers Permit (BG) with a Brewpub License (BP) authorized to sell to retailers.**
**You may not purchase or acquire beer from another type of retailer.
These purchases are subject to Credit Law.