Requirements for Records –
Purchase of Alcoholic Beverages
- Alcoholic beverages stored and used in a private club must be owned by the members.
- The private club purchases the alcoholic beverages on behalf of the members
- Members are charged a service fee for the mixing and service of alcoholic beverages to members
Original stocking of bar for a new permit:
- Alcoholic beverages may be purchased with money assessed equally from the original (charter) members [Code §32.06(a)]
- Each member should acknowledge with a signed document the amount of the individual assessment.
- The original purchase may be funded from a loan to the club by a third person guaranteed by all the members (pro rata share).
- A person who provides a loan to the club may be related or unrelated to the club
- A loan for the original purchase may be repaid from the alcoholic beverages replacement account