Purchasing of Alcohol


Distilled spirits may only be purchased from holders of a:

  • Package Store Permit (P) that holds a Local Distributor's Permit (LP)** and is located in the same county in which the retailer's permit is located. If a local distributor is not located in your county, then you must purchase from a local distributor in the county nearest you.

Ale, malt liquor and wine may be purchased from holders of a:

  • Wholesaler's Permit (W)
  • General Class B Wholesaler's Permit (X)
  • Local Class B Wholesaler's Permit (LX)
  • Package Store Permit (P) that also holds a Local Distributor's Permit (LP)**
  • Brewer's Permit (B) who also holds a Brewer's Self-Distribution Permit (DA)
  • Wine and Beer Retailers Permit (BG) with a Brewpub License (BP) authorized to sell to retailers**

**You may not purchase or acquire beer from another type of retailer.


  These purchases are subject to Credit Law.


Alcoholic beverages damaged or determined to be unfit for human consumption while in the possession of the retailer, must be destroyed by the retailer and cannot be exchanged or returned to the seller for credit or refund.