The Temporary Permit



The holder of a Special Wine and Beer Permit – Four Day For Non-Profit Historic Preservation (HP) is authorized to sell beer, ale, malt liquor and wine up to 14% or 17% alcohol by volume to the consumer for consumption on or off the premises.

  • The percentage of alcohol by volume allowed is determined by the local option election held covering the area where the temporary function is held.
  • The issuance of a temporary license may require pre-approval by local law enforcement authorities along with city and county governmental entities. Control issues related to an outdoor venue or festival will need to be addressed with the local TABC Office.



You nor any of your employees (paid or volunteer) may possess or consume any alcoholic beverage you are not authorized to sell.